The Client Navigator, as part of a team, is responsible for providing client and staff safety and engaging with clients to maintain a safe and secure environment for clients, visitors, community members and employees of Community Medical Services. In this role, the Client Navigator performs routine patrol of the assigned location to ensure safety of clients, client adherence to policies (i.e. no smoking/loitering), and general cleanliness of clinic grounds. The Client Navigator engages with clients to provide support and redirection, as necessary and appropriate. The Client Navigator must demonstrate the appropriate level of professionalism and self-initiative in maintaining appropriate boundaries with clients, and successfully performing all security functions, duties, tasks, assignments, responsibilities following well-established procedures.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
· Circulates assigned property/location and among clients, visitors, community members, and employees to ensure adherence to company policies that ensure client safety and safety of clinic.
· Engages with clients to provide notice of rule infractions or violations and provide support to ensure violations are not repeated.
· Demonstrates initiative in ensuring cleanliness of grounds (i.e. picking up trash, notifying leadership of maintenance needs) to ensure high-quality experience for clients and visitors, and compliance with location rules and regulations.
· Provides exceptional customer service by anticipating potential client issues, providing support and redirection of unwanted behavior, and making recommendations.
· Works closely with administration to enforce discipline, ensure compliance with company regulations, and promote a positive recovery environment.
· Attends and participates in all required clinical staffing, trainings, and staff meetings, as directed by leadership team.
· Works as a team member to provide safe/positive work environment for clients, staff and the public.
· Engages escalated clients by using verbal de-escalation techniques and encouraging them to speak with counselor, or engage in other support services, as needed.
· Calls appropriate emergency personnel police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as medical emergency, fire or presence of unauthorized persons, as directed by leadership team.
· Writes daily reports of irregularities (equipment or property damage, theft, the presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences, etc.).
· Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability and willingness to work Saturdays and federal holidays
· Previous safety, law enforcement, or customer service experience preferred
· Must possess strong customer service background.
· Exceptional customer service
· Experience in similar type of position preferred
· Experience with substance use disorders preferred, but not required
· Maintain confidentiality to ensure compliance with HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2.
· Ability to stand, sit and walk to patrol clinic and clinic grounds.
· Demonstrates cultural competency and sensitivity to client and employee needs.
· Maintains professional boundaries, appearance, and personal conduct at all times.
· Excellent communication skills, including ability to respond to members with patience, objectivity and a nonjudgmental attitude.
· Ability to interact with clients in a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner.
· Ability to enforce policies, resolve conflict and assist with client altercations and crisis episodes.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships staff and management.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively between all staff competencies and positions.
· Ability to handle sensitive material, in doing so, remaining confidentiality at all times.
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Community Medical Services
Community Medical Services is a CARF–accredited substance use disorder treatment program
providing services in the form of outpatient medication-assisted treatment and private
one–on–one and group counseling, and Intensive Out-Patient therapy (IOP) to those seeking
help with their substance use disorders. Community Medical Services began providing Opioid
Treatment Program Services in Phoenix, Arizona in 1983. CMS is intent on meeting the
challenges presented by the growing opioid epidemic in cities where treatment is lacking. We
believe that access to treatment should not be hindered by lack of education, lack of
compassion, or by local hostilities. We have therefore made it our mission to work with
communities on providing educational assistance on the importance of effectively treating the
opioid epidemic and finding meaningful solutions to the consequences that are resultant from
substance use disorder.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.communitymedicalservices.org
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)