ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Chemical dependency counseling, education and case management services of assigned caseload in compliance with the Substance Abuse Treatment Program as established by Community Medical Services. Provides substance use disorder counseling and education services. Conducts intake and orient client to treatment program. Conduct behavioral health assessments and annual updates. Develops and implement behavioral health service plans and reviews. Document client progress in clinical records. Provides coordination of care between mutual providers and act as a liaison between clients and outside agencies and programs. Provides appropriate treatment and service referrals as needed. Participates in treatment interventions.
- Responsible to complete, maintain and manage clinical records for assigned caseload. Schedules counseling appointments for assigned caseload. Completes enrollments, dis-enrollments, discharge summaries and required follow-up per CARF, Medicaid and State requirements. Facilitates transfer, courtesy dose, special take out and privilege requests. Conducts peer record reviews.
- Reviews and signs off as BHP on Behavioral Health Assessments, Service Plans and Annual reviews that are completed by staff as required for State or Medicaid requirements.
- Attends required meetings: weekly staff meetings, clinical supervision, workshops, seminars and training, etc. as assigned by the Clinic Manager or other supervisor. Maintains continuing education licensing requirements. Provides in-service training as requested.
- As a licensed Behavioral Health Professional, (BHP), maintains licensure and completes all required documents, provides all signatures in required time frames as required by a BHP for assigned location.
- Required sensitivity to the needs of those who are diagnosed with a substance use disorder.
- Culturally competent and sensitive to a client needs.
- Ability to participate as an effective and efficient team member and team leader.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to interact with clients in a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Ability to resolve client altercations and manage client crisis episodes.
- Ability to identify and access community resources.
- Licensed as an independent or associate level counselor, licensed social worker, or related license and is able to independently counsel adult substance use disorder clients according to state where services are being provided.
- Experience in substance abuse rehabilitation and medication assisted treatment is desirable.
- Basic computer knowledge is necessary.
Location:4527 N 27th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Community Medical Services
Community Medical Services is a CARF–accredited substance use disorder treatment program
providing services in the form of outpatient medication-assisted treatment and private
one–on–one and group counseling, and Intensive Out-Patient therapy (IOP) to those seeking
help with their substance use disorders. Community Medical Services began providing Opioid
Treatment Program Services in Phoenix, Arizona in 1983. CMS is intent on meeting the
challenges presented by the growing opioid epidemic in cities where treatment is lacking. We
believe that access to treatment should not be hindered by lack of education, lack of
compassion, or by local hostilities. We have therefore made it our mission to work with
communities on providing educational assistance on the importance of effectively treating the
opioid epidemic and finding meaningful solutions to the consequences that are resultant from
substance use disorder.
Company Website: www.communitymedicalservices.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)