CASE MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for managing assigned caseload in compliance with the Substance Abuse Treatment Program, under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager, with oversight from Clinical and Operations Supervisors including and Medical Director. Serves as the main contact for services required outside of the counseling arena and assists assigned counselor with all requirements, needs, supports and tasks requested for client and required for chart completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned)
- Case Manager assists clients with needs outside the realm of substance use disorder counseling. Requirements are to provide advocacy and linkage to community resources for health and social services needs identified during the initial assessment process and throughout treatment participation. Coordination of internal support needs and to reduce treatment barriers.
- Responsible to complete and maintain client paperwork needed to process coordination of care with PCP or mutual providers at intake, transportation requests, courtesy dose requests, special take home requests, coordinate follow-up on AWOLs, abnormal drug screens and medical appointments. Complete wellness phone call checks and maintain progress notes and other required documentation for services provided as directed by the Clinic Manager and Clinical team members. Assist clients upon intake with appropriate documentation, including, but not limited to: releases of information, Coordination of Care letters, client fee agreements, advanced directives, and language assistance forms.
- Facilitate Medicaid or other insurance needs and processes for all clients, including documentation of Insurance/Medicaid and tracking clients use of services. In North Dakota- facilitating the application and tracking process for the Substance Use Disorder Voucher process and communication with clients regarding the process. In Arizona, completes NOA (notice of Action) process at discharge.
- Provides coordination of care between mutual providers and act as a liaison between clients and outside agencies and programs. Provides appropriate treatment and service referrals as needed. Facilitate client clinical documentation, coordinating with the assigned counselor. Facilitates transfers, courtesy dose, special take outs and privilege requests.
- Attends required meetings: Clinical staff meetings, clinical oversight, workshops, seminars and training, etc. as assigned by the Clinic Manager or Clinical and Operations Supervisor, including and Medical Director.
- Required sensitivity to the needs of those diagnosed with a substance use disorder
- Culturally competent and sensitive to a client needs
- Ability to participate as an effective and efficient team member and team leader
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to interact with clients in a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner
- Ability to resolve client altercations and manage client crisis episodes
- Ability to identify and access community resources
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s level degree in behavior health related field is desired or experience in substance use or behavioral health setting for minimum 1 year
- Experience in substance abuse rehabilitation and medication assisted treatment is desirable. Basic computer knowledge is necessary
Location: 3825 N 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Community Medical Services
Community Medical Services is a CARF–accredited substance use disorder treatment program
providing services in the form of outpatient medication-assisted treatment and private
one–on–one and group counseling, and Intensive Out-Patient therapy (IOP) to those seeking
help with their substance use disorders. Community Medical Services began providing Opioid
Treatment Program Services in Phoenix, Arizona in 1983. CMS is intent on meeting the
challenges presented by the growing opioid epidemic in cities where treatment is lacking. We
believe that access to treatment should not be hindered by lack of education, lack of
compassion, or by local hostilities. We have therefore made it our mission to work with
communities on providing educational assistance on the importance of effectively treating the
opioid epidemic and finding meaningful solutions to the consequences that are resultant from
substance use disorder.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.communitymedicalservices.org
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)